MotivMFG is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor and designer. Together they combine old-world tailoring from antique German manuals with workwear production techniques. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”
Motiv's take on a Swedish-style military thermal, these feature a tweaked fit that lies somewhere between a sweatshirt and a thermal, functioning admirably as either. All the shaping comes from the seams, which run along the yoke, down the back back, and through the sleeves.
The fabric is a super dense, high tension terry knit that was finished with an enzyme swelling treatment - resulting in a fabric that is surprisingly soft despite its low overall stretch and thick texture. Over time, the fabric will relax and take the shape of the wearer, moulding to their body with wear.
Fits true to size. Minimal shrinkage expected with a cold wash and hang dry.
- 100% cotton
- High density enzyme-finish terry
- Micro-knit collar and cuffs
- Reinforced yoke
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Custom labels
- Produced in the MotivMFG workshop in China
See how we measure - click here.
Is your size out of stock? Click your size to sign up for a back-in-stock alert.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Gen wears a size Large / 50
Gen's sizing specs are:
6'1 and 180lbs
41" chest and 31" waist
True to size for a snug fit, size up for a more relaxed fit through the waist. Wash cold, hang dry.
|Small / 48
|Medium / 50
|Large / 52
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $400
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $400
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.