The original M-43 service shoe that serves as the model for these was issued in 1943, with the rivetless version starting in 1944. The basic specifications for this boot were very simple. Composition sole, welted construction, natural combination-tanned rough-out cowhide, all built up on the Munson last with an unstructured toe. The goal was to have a cost-effective, durable shoe for all forms of combat conditions. Multiple variants popped up across the armed forces, including version for the Marines and the Navy, all with the same basic template.
John Lofgren set out to make the ultimate version of this boot from the very best components. The upper is constructed from unlined heavyweight Horween rough-out natural Chromexcel leather. USA-made Vibram 705 soles with 700 heels are held on with a British-made Goodyear welt.
They are built around the same Munson last as used in the originals, which makes for a comfortable, supportive boot.
- Unlined rough-out natural Chromexcel leather upper
- Munson last
- Leather midsole
- Goodyear welt
- Vibram 705 sole with 700 heel
- Made In Japan
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.