MotivMFG is Samuel Wei, founder of Radiance Blue and the pioneer of the heritage market in China; and Daniel Gu, a third-generation tailor and designer. Together they combine old-world tailoring from antique German manuals with workwear production techniques. Constant research into the garment making techniques around the world informs their design with the goal of creating “recreations” rather than “reproductions”
The Free Pleat Trousers are MotivMFG's answer for a "one size fits all" trouser. Featuring two large inverted pleats attached to an internal drawstring waist (that peeks out to close up externally at the front of the pants) that can be used to adjust the pants. This free pleat system allows each size to fit and drape correctly across an 8" change in the waistband. The cut is a wide, straight leg, which pairs well with the adjustable drawstring waist and lightweight fabric, making these an ideal pant for warm weather, or just lounging around comfortably.
These are sewn up in a superfine Nylon/Cotton cordcloth. A double-faced fabric, the outer nylon faces are separated from one another with an ultralight pure cotton gauze interlining, giving some additional structure and creating the large cord effect. Nylon/Cotton (or NyCo) fabrics are some of our favorite blends out there, with all the wind and abrasion resistance of pure nylon, but the built in comfort and structure of cotton - all while remaining lightweight and perfect for warmer weather.
Fits true to size - take the size whose smallest measurement is closest to your true waist size. Wash cold, hang dry.
- 78/22 cotton/nylon blend
- Superfine cordcloth outer
- 100% silk lining details
- Zip fly
- Drawstring waist
- Two side pockets, two rear pockets
- Inverted pleats
- Straight fit
- One size fits most
- Wash cold, hang dry
- Custom labels
- Produced in the MotivMFG workshop in China
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Model Yanni is wearing size Medium
Their sizing specs are:
5'11 height and 170lbs weight
42" chest and 33" waist
Fits true to size - choose the size based on the "fits your waist size" column.
||30" - 32"
||28" - 36"
||32" - 34"
||30" - 38"
||34" - 36"
||32" - 40"
||36" - 38"
||34" - 42"
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.