These are built on the sleek 2030 last, which evolved from a Canadian military last - with a low profile silhouette and an almond shaped toe. Military lasts tend to be some of the best fitting out there, because they had to work for a huge variety of feet, and be comfortable for endless days spent on foot.
The leather is a waxed camel hide, fully dyed black with a slight shine and highly textured grain. A blend of visual interest and subtlety, we wanted a leather that could stand up to abuse and still look good - a shoe that isn't necessarily the most dramatic patina project, but rather a more consistent look throughout its life.
The leather is neither stiff nor soft, with a very even temper that will break in quickly and feel comfortable from minute one thanks to the full lining. The hide has also been treated with wax following the tanning process, making it hardy, water-resistant, and prone to shrugging off scuffs.
The Derby Shoe was originally designed decades ago by Edwin Viberg, but never put into production. After finding his original paper patterns Viberg spent a year sampling and reworking his concept. The end result is their most refined shoe to date. It's finished with 6 gunmetal eyelets, a partially structured toe, a 360-degree flat welt, and the whole thing is standing on the Vibram 2021 wedge sole (no relation to the year).
Take one size smaller than your Brannock size. If you have wide feet, take 1/2 size smaller than Brannock.
- Black Waxed Camel upper
- 2030 last
- Vibram 2021 wedge sole
- Kip Lining
- 6 gunmetal eyelets
- 360 degree flat welt
- Channelled Insole
- Partially structured toe
- Take one size smaller than your Brannock size
- Made in Victoria, BC, Canada
We reference Brannock sizing for our footwear. The Brannock Device is the standard foot measuring tool for the world's footwear industry. Most better quality footwear stores will have one.
Choose 1 size smaller than your Brannock device size.
Choose 0.5 size smaller than your Red Wing Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last size.
Choose the same size as your Viberg 2030 last size.
Our Oakland and Santa Fe stores are open for cubside pickup. View our curbside pickup info.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE and Bandannas under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached.
- Items that have been washed, hemmed, altered, excessivley worn, set aflame or touched by a private equity firm cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.