The Type A-1 is the predecessor to the very popular WW2 A-2 flight jacket dating back to 1927. Original sewn up in capeskin (a type of sheepskin), it was a very soft, easy wearing jacket. Unfortunately, the softness of this hide means finding an original A-1 is nearly impossible, as the cockpits of aircraft during that era were not at all forgiving on garments.
As with all leather jackets from The Real McCoy's, this jacket is sewn atelier-style. One sewer makes each jacket start to finish. Every component of the jacket is custom, made only for The Real McCoy's including the deerskin hide and the cotton sateen lining.
The fit is true to the original, slim and sleek. Cleaning should be by a leather jacket specialist only.
See how we measure - click here.
- Vegetable tanned deerskin
- Custom cotton sateen lining
- Buffalo horn buttons
- Wool ribbing
- True to size
- Made in Japan
All measurements are in inches.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.