The Type 3 aka the Trucker Jacket represents an interesting time in the evolution of denim jackets. It's the last of the classics, and the first of the modern fits. Revolutionary for the time, it was slim, long, and totally different than everything before it. 3sixteen picked up this legacy and turned it into one of their top-selling jackets as the Type 3s.
The first leather variant was a low-quality rough-out cowhide released by Levi's in the 1960s, and we built on that concept to make something totally unique, starting with horsehide. Horsehide makes for an ideal basis for this silhouette with a denim-like drape, especially in the soft veg-tan Horween Lux tannage.
This tannage is a tea-core, meaning it is not struck through; and will break into to a vintage look with lighter highlights as the surface dye is worn off. Horsehide leather has more variations in grain, texture, and color than cowhide. This inconsistencies make each and every jacket unique. The combination of the tea-core leather and the variations mean that each of these will be completely your own after putting some wear into them.
It closes up with 3sixteen branded shank buttons, features hand pockets, and a interior welted chest pocket. The lining is a black cotton gabardine woven in the UK. The hand pockets are lined with brushed moleskin for comfort.
This runs much larger than the denim Type 3s from 3sixteen. Choose your size based on shoulder width and sleeve / body length, and of course, contact us if you need help. We have included the size chart for their denim Type 3s for comparison in the "sizing" tab.
- Black Horween Lux Veg-Tan 1.4mm Horsehide
- Tea-core hide will show highlights with wear
- 3sixteen branded patch on the interior waistband
- Fully lined with black cotton gabardine
- Hand pockets
- Interior welt pocket
- 3sixteen branded shank buttons
- True to size - runs larger than your 3sixteen size
- Made in Scotland
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
Horsehide Type 3s measurements
Denim Type 3s measurements for comparison
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.