Kaptain Sunshine is quite literally a fabric-first brand, having gotten their start as the in-house brand of a fabric mill. Their designer Shinsuke Kojima is able to lean on this to create fabrics that support his vision with unexpected volume and cuts applied to classic concepts.
The Wool Traveler coat is a staple of Kaptain Sunshine's lineup, returning season after season with little tweaks and updates to ensure that it's always the best version of itself. A heavy and long coat with raglan sleeves, an A-line silhouette, and a bunch of pockets (three external patch pockets and two internal pockets). It has a buggy lining in a soft 100% cotton, with a 50/50 cotton/cupra lining in the sleeves for easy layering, and two leg straps for extra security.
The fabric is an ultra-high density double-weave melton wool, using Super 140's ultra-fine wool fibers and dyed in an off-drab smoky green color. Warm, soft, and exceedingly comfortable, the heavy melton wool has a very gentle and relaxed drape, needing no break-in and allowing unrestricted movement.
Runs large, take your true size if you plan on layering over multiple garments, or size down if you plan on wearing with just a sweatshirt or shirt underneath. Dry clean only.
- 100% wool
- Super 140s double-weave melton wool fabric
- Buggy lining
- Single breasted
- 3 external patch pockets
- 2 internal pockets
- Internal leg straps
- Custom labels
- Oversized fit
- Dry clean only
- Made in Japan
See how we measure - click here.
All measurements are in inches.
We're on vacation until January 24. Orders will take longer to process and we will be slower responding to e-mails.
Read more about what's affected.
Due to USPS service delays, we are shipping most USA orders via UPS Ground until further notice. If you prefer to have your order shipped with USPS, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
PPE under $100 - $3 via USPS First Class Mail
Curbside pickup: Free (please wait for us to notify you that your order is ready)
Orders over $100 - Free shipping via UPS Ground
Orders under $100 - $8 shipping via UPS Ground
Expedited Shipping (1 - 2 business days) via UPS - $35
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 10 business days) - $30
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $40
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $50
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- A restocking fee of $25 applies to all orders over $500 returned for a refund. The restocking fee does not apply to returns for store credit or exchange.
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.