I have to admit, I was skeptical about these. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but something wasn’t quite working for me on the shelf. Might have been the pockets, maybe the stitching… I honestly couldn't tell you.
Then I tried them on. And then, I bought them. They fit me that well.
The Type 129 is Tender’s ‘slim’ fit, but that’s all relative – it’s actually more of a slim/straight fit, in my opinion. There are so many details to this pant that I almost don’t know where to start. Crafted in the UK from a Japanese selvedge denim, which begins life at 16oz, but shrinks down to more like 17oz after the hot soak that these jeans go through, they feature a solid cast brass top button, which can be removed for washing.
The hems are double-folded, the inseam is reverse topstitched, the seat seam is triple-stitched, the six belt loops are all lined, the pocket bags are made from the denim itself (and cut to selvedge), the rivets are all kick-pressed copper dome-style, the rear pockets are square and single-stitched, the front pockets are cut high and straight (to slowly curve over time), the yoke is a lowered-V configuration, the coin pocket - referred to by Tender as a Snob’s Thumb Pocket - is internal, the entire waistband and aforementioned pocket are stitched in one pass.
I could go on, but the TL:DR version is this: these are a unique, yet wearable, pair of denims. Unlike anything else on the market, the level of care and attention to detail in their design is unparalleled.
- 16oz – soaked to 17oz – Japanese selvedge denim
- Solid cast brass top button
- Double-folded hems
- Square, single-stitch rear pockets
- Straight-cut front pockets
- Denim pocket bags, cut to selvedge
- Snob’s Thumb coin pocket
- Lined belt loops
- Kick-pressed copper dome rivets, including crotch rivet
- Reversed topstitch inseam
- Lowered V Yoke
- Triple stitched seat seam
- Cold washin' & no tumblin’
- Made in England
See how we measure - click here.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.