Exclusive to Standard & Strange and FEIT in the USA, the new Hand Sewn Low Latex is one of their most evolved products yet. Like all of their footwear, every step is done by hand from cutting the hides all the way to the finished product.
All natural products are used throughout, with no synthetics or toxic chemicals used in the process at all. The outsole, while looking like a classic gum sneaker sole, is made exclusively for FEIT by Lactae Hevea in France, out of pure latex.
It's worth noting here that the single-piece upper is a big deal as well. That's quite a trick to pull off even in bespoke shoe-making and to have it in a sneaker adds the same strength and comfort from the lack of seams.
Underneath the sneaker exterior is a full Goodyear welted shoe, which means that these can be rebuilt time and time again, wearing in rather than wearing out. The natural latex sole can be replaced when it wears out as well.
After the leather is cut and hand-lasted, it sits on the last for a minimum of week to insure that the shape is retained.The welting and sewing is all done by hand, with no machine-stitching involved.
All of this process takes place in a single hand-sewing facility in China which originally serviced a very large shoe brand that pulled out in search of lower prices elsewhere. Tull retrained the sewing team there to do Goodyear welted construction, and runs a clean, well-paid, ethical shop.
Fit is true to size, running slightly larger than Vans classics, and pretty close to Nike. These come in full sizes only with both cork and leather insoles to take up the size differences.
- Veg-tan horsehide upper
- Exclusive colorway for Standard & Strange
- 100% natural latex outsole
- Full sizes only - adjust with included insoles
- Take your usual sneaker size.
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at email@example.com or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.