John Lofgren has a personal story about these - British-made desert boots were his dad's favorite footwear in the 1950's, and his own favorites in the 1980's. He wanted a more robust, completely ethical, and better made version, and being John Lofgren, he went and made his own.
These feature Japanese-tanned cow suede, genuine crepe soles, and a stitchdown construction. The stitchdown construction is part of the legendary comfort of the desert boot, allowing the shoe to mold completely to your foot. Double-needle stitching has been added to high-stress areas of the boots for greater longevity.
The navy color suede will age beautifully and brighten up in high wear areas - eventually looking similar to well-worn denim.
Take your same size in the John Lofgren Engineer Boot, Red Wing Heritage Iron Ranger or Alden Barrie last; go a half size larger than the John Lofgren M-43, Donkey Puncher or Combat Boots or Alden TruBalance last.
- Japanese cow suede upper
- Stitchdown construction
- Double-stitching on high-wear areas
- Crepe soles
- Choose your John Lofgren Engineer Boot size, or half size larger than the M-43, Donkey Puncher or Combat Boots. Choose your same size in Alden Barrie or Red Wing Heritage.
- Made in Japan
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.