Wolfgang Latelme has been traveling and researching traditional French pocket knives since the 1970’s. There is no-one out there more well-researched on the subject, with his depth of real, hands-on experience. He started out as an importer and distributor of these knives, and when the opportunity arose in 2004, launched PassionFrance.
Though the use of traditional forges combined with German quality standards, PassionFrance continues the legacy of traditional French knives. In 2010, PassionFrance was able to create their own atelier in Thiers, France to produce their first unique design of Laguiole. They also continue to work a very select group of knife-makers across France to produce their traditional models.
The Sujet knife is another one of the great French tool knives. It’s light, simple, and sharp. The brass exterior will take a beating, and the slip-joint mechanism will never fail you. It’s a great one to drop in your pocket on the way out the door. In the 17th and 18th century, these knives were produced one at a time by artisans working in bone or ivory. in 1902, the workshop Coupérier-Coursolle in France realized that the handles could be made in brass, reducing the cost greatly and making them more accessible to everyone. To this day, the same workshop produces these knives.
- 8cm blade
- Can and bottle-opener
- Brass handle
- Slip-joint mechanism
- Made by Coupérier-Coursolle in France
In-store pickup: Free
Socks/Bandannas - free shipping
Orders over $150 - free shipping
Orders under $150 - flat rate of $8 shipping
Canada Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $15
DHL Express (2-3 business days) - $30
Canada Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (1-3 business days) - $30
Rest of World Shipping - Orders under $500
USPS First Class (10 - 15 business days) - $20
USPS Priority Mail (5 - 8 business days) - $35
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $40
Rest of World Shipping - Orders over $500
DHL Express (2-4 business days) - $30
We want you to be comfortable shopping with us online without being able to touch the product. Before you purchase, please check the size charts we provide against your favorite garments.
- Returns will be accepted on full-price items within 14 days of delivery (as verified by courier)
- Items sold on sale or discount are final sale, no returns or exchanges.
- Items must be in original condition with all tags attached. Washed, hemmed, altered or burnt items cannot be returned.
- All return and exchange shipping costs are your responsibility
- We will process all returns within 3 business days of receipt
- Our team will acknowledge receipt and action take with your return
- If you have questions at any time you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, or phone us at 510-373-9696.